1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

new from oklahoma.

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by 3speedchevy, May 21, 2009.

1. 3speedchevy

3speedchevy New Member

hello everyone. my name is kyle i live in ardmore oklahoma. there is a guy down the road from me that has a 1980 chevy reg cab short wide bed. it has a new edlebrock performer crate engine,hooker headers,351 muncie 3 speed trany with a hurst mastershift shifter and has brand new tires and suspension. its pistachio green with a white top. he wants 3500 for it and i already got it approved by "the boss" (my wife). do yall think that sounds like a pretty good deal? i drove it and it has alot of get up.
  2. Springthing

Springthing New Member 1000 Posts

Hi, Kyle, and welcome to the GMTC.

It will be difficult for anyone to give you a yay or nay without actually being there to see it. Sounds like it's not a bad deal if it doesn't need much work to it. If you end up getting it make sure to come by and give us a picture of her!
  3. masterfoxscout

masterfoxscout New Member

Welcome to the site.
  4. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site, Kyle!
  5. bry2500

bry2500 New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!!!!!!

Doesn't sound like a bad deal but make sure that you give her a good probing.
  6. ct9a

ct9a New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!
  7. 3speedchevy

3speedchevy New Member

i looked at everything really good. it seems to be solid. he has records saying what all was done with receipts. he has almost 7k in it. he bought it to make a hot rod and then he found out he has cancer. so he cant mess with it anymore. the only bad things are. the dash is blue the door panels are dark green and the paint job was clearly a do it your self job. it looks good until u really look there isnt runs its just thin in some places. other than that its a good truck has clean interior and no rust any where. the exhaust and rear end are also new.
  8. chevybulldog6

chevybulldog6 New Member

welcome to the site. it is always good to hear from another Oklahoma native...Boomer Sooners...