1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

new from oklahoma

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by 88chevy, Jul 16, 2009.

1. 88chevy

88chevy New Member

hello everyone im kyle i live in ardmore oklahoma.
    i just bought my dads old 88 silverado from the guy he sold it to about 3 years ago. im picking up the truck saturday i will post pics then if all goes well. the truck has been sitting since it was sold. when we got rid of it the valve seals were going bad. i was going to replace them but i talked to mechanic today that said if i dont replace the rest of the valve assembly also they will just wear back out within a few months is this true? anyways it has a 305 efi. im eventually going to put a 350 or the 283 i have sitting in a shed in it. all depends on if a 283 will fit on the same tranny? the 283 has camel hump heads edlebrock 4 inch high rise intake comp racing cam and titanium valve assembly. it came out of a 68 camaro my papaw had. the truck is a longbed reg cab with a new 700r tranny. it has one dent my mom hit a telephone poll and crunched the drive side front fender. the paint needs to be wet sanded and re clear coated other than that its a good truck. any ideas are welcomed and appreciated. looking forward to making new friends on here.
  2. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado New Member 1000 Posts

welcome to the site!
  3. Z71_guy

Z71_guy New Member 1000 Posts

welcome to the site
  4. bry2500

bry2500 New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!!!!!!!!!!!
  5. canislupis69

canislupis69 New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!
  6. ct9a

ct9a New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!
  7. Marty04Sierra

Marty04Sierra New Member

Welcome to the GMTC!!
  8. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!
  9. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 New Member 1000 Posts

welcome to gmtc:)
  10. heads

you didnt say how many miles the truck had on it but i would have the heads done. the valve gildes go back. they are known for that. hope this helps