1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

new front shocks advice...

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by reggiecab2000, Jun 28, 2011.

1. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

2000 silverado 4.3 v6 2wd

I have a leveling kit and a fabtech 3" spindle lift on my truck with the supplied fabtech shocks that came with the lift. well aside from the shocks being orange already, on the front left, the 2 bolts that hold it in place (the double ended wishbone thing) on the bottom, well one has slipped through the bolt and the shock is being held on by that one bolt, scary...

well i feel like getting new shocks anyway

DRIVING CONDITIONS:
    mostly city driving and a 150 mile drive about twice a month , but i go to the beach at least twice a week and i know that's rough on the suspension, and ill take an off road venture every chance i get on the weekend...

so any advice on new shocks or should i stick with these fabtech and just fix that bolt???

2. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

If your looking at new shocks anyway look into bilstein shocks.

3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

If Bilstiens makes a shock for your lifted 2wd than I'd go with them, but I haven't seen a Bilstien for lifted 2WD truck. You may want to contact them as they may have a shock that will work but its not listed on there website or catolog.