New Front Struts

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by alabamaxrebel, Sep 30, 2011.

1. alabamaxrebel

alabamaxrebel Rockstar 100 Posts

I'm looking to replace my front struts and was thinking about going with coil overs but I have no idea where to begin in shopping for them. I want something that is going to ride good. I currently have Rancho 9000XL front and rear and the front left strut is blown and back right is also blown, so I need shocks and struts.

Will a coil over give me a better ride than a regular strut assembly? I am running a ranch 4 inch system with a leveling kit, which would be the same as getting a coil over that was for a 6" lift right? so I could eliminate the leveling kit?????

Anyways, I'd like some recommendations for the font end....... I'm pretty darn sure I'm putting Bilstein's on the rear!!

Morgan

2. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

I'm not sure on the coilovers, but I definately suggest bilsteins in the rear. Did the ranchos come with a warranty, then you dont have to pay for the front shock.

3. alabamaxrebel

alabamaxrebel Rockstar 100 Posts

The warranty covers the original purchaser, which would be Chevrolet....

4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Check CST Suspension and King Shocks for coil overs for your truck. I would call them and tell them what mods you have on your truck so they can recommed the proper set up.

5. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

When I called to order my kings they said they had the measurements to do what you are wanting to do for Fabtech and Procomp kits. They did say that they could make them for any other kit but they would need some measurements. They may have done it for Rancho by now. I would highly recommend the Kings to anybody. The major downside to them is the price.