1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

new full-width style coming

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by ChevyFan, Apr 18, 2012.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Pretty soon there are going to be three ways to view content on GMTC.

1) MAIN STYLE - Regular desktop fixed
    2) MOBILE STYLE - Mobile-devices, iPhone, iPad, Android, etc.
    3) FULL SCREEN - Regular desktop, but designed to be 100% wide with a new always-on sidebar.

So, the new FULL SCREEN width will go live in the next day or two, and I am going to make that an option for a few people to try out. If it works like I think it will, I will make that the standard ... but you can always go back to the way that it looks now (MAIN STYLE) or choose MOBILE if you want.
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Awesome! But I have to ask - will they all have chat? :p
  3. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

x2

And Steve, I think this post might have answered my question in your post about the navigation bar. I'm not sure though. As long as I still have the option to view the full from my ipod or android device I'm good.
  4. 07XCSB

07XCSB Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

x3 ...........
  5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Mobile will not have chat. The other two options will have chat.

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

Just click the "FULL SITE" link on the bottom of the mobile version if you pull that up on your ipod/android. That will remove the mobile theme and replace it with whatever the standard theme is. Then from the standard theme you can choose to look at either the full-width or the fixed-width themes.
  6. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

[MENTION=21316]stev[/MENTION]e: what do you make of this recent (last 24 hour development). I happens on the quick reply for some posts but not others -- almost like a load balancer is having problems retrieving some images from cache during round-robin or least-connections based distribution:

Notice the missing icons on the bar...

missing_icons.jpg

I first notices this in the evening, yesterday...
  7. lonelywolf858

lonelywolf858 Rockstar 100 Posts

What about using Tapatalk? I use it for all my other forums and it is so convenient.