New gmc 2500hd truck owner

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by WhiteTiger66, May 15, 2013.

Random Gallery Photos

1. WhiteTiger66

WhiteTiger66 New Member

Hi all,
    I just traded in my 05 Nissan Titan LE Crew Cab, it just couldnt pull the TT like everyone claims it can. I am hoping this 2500hd will do it much better.
    So I bought this 2013 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab SLE. Has SLE preferred pkg, convenience pkg, 6" chrome tubular steps, 18" polished aluminum wheels, spray in bedliner, maybe a couple other small options. I am excited to be back into a real big truck and can't wait to try and tow with it.
    Looking forward to gaining some knowledge from all the experts.
    Thanks all:party:
  2. silverhobey

silverhobey New Member 100 Posts

welcome aboard from a Canadian Member..........Brian:party:
  3. donyms

donyms Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the club, it's great to have you aboard. :glasses:
  4. grampy

grampy New Member 100 Posts

You didn't mention what engine your's has, I have two K2500's, a '97 and an '07. The '97 has a 350 w/ manual trans. and 4;10 gears. It will pull anything legal I can hook up to - just don't want to be in a hurry ! The '07 has the 6 liter, manual trans & 4:10 gears. I've have stayed with the rather small 245/75/16 tires. The 6 liter has impressed me with it's towing ability, no match for any of the diesels but it's not bad. My last "tow" was bringing my JD skid steer home, the loader weighs just over 6K and I hauled it on a bumper pull trailer, not sure of the trailer weight but it is a good one with 7K lb. axles. I would guess the trailer - skid steer combo was close to 10K. The truck did well, it was a 50+ mile trip & I was able to maintain 60 to 65 in 5th most of the way. There is one grade on that road where the truck did impress me. The grade starts at a 4 way stop in a little country town. The grade starts out at maybe 2% and gradually gets steeper for 5 miles and then increases to 6 % for the last couple miles. I was holding 60 in 5th on the lower part and down shifted to 4th as the grade increased. The truck chugged over the top at 50 mph in 4th ! Not bad for a gas 6 litre ! Hope your experience it as good. Ken
  5. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C !
  6. WhiteTiger66

WhiteTiger66 New Member

Thanks all. Looking forward to being a member for a long time...
    As far as the motor, I got the 6.0L . The diesel was an $8k option. I wanted something that didnt sound like it was going to blow up going up the beautiful hills (mountains) of CT and surrounding states. From what I am hearing this will not have an issue and I have had experience with other GMs and towing. I was slowing down to about 50 on hills and once I had to go up a grade that was rather steep, maybe 10% from a dead stop and I couldnt get over 20. Now that wouldnt be too bad but I sounded like I was at 7k RPMs, but I was under 3k... So IDK what the problem is but man I didnt like that. So far just regular driving I can feel the difference in the lower end of this truck vs the Titan. The Titan was quick but there is a different feel with this. I will write up my first experience towing coming up this weekend.
  7. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome and congrats on your new ride!!!
  8. WhiteTiger66

WhiteTiger66 New Member

Thanks sir, im really looking forward to getting lots of info and ideas from the site.
    your truck looks great. IMO perfect setup.
  9. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome and happy towing with the new ride! :great: