1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Goodyear Wranglers DuraTrac

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by vncj96, Jul 27, 2009.

1. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I am looking for some new tires, while these are a new tire I am wondering if anyone here has them yet.
    They are rated for mud and snow. And are running the same if not cheaper then BFG ATs. Anyone??

[​IMG]
  2. Cav_spartan

Cav_spartan New Member

Bddy of mine has em' in 33's he has no complaints so far and they look great... unfortunately there on a dodge durango but i cant hold it against my best friend of 18 years :)
  3. vncj96

I had great tires before but unfortunatly they are no longer made, so I really have no idea which way to go now. I have a tires plus in my town and they are a little pricey, and i also have a small family owned goodyear shop (they do everything on my truck) and would like to keep my business with them. And these really cought my interest and want to go from a 265 to a 285/75/16 for my beast
  4. Z71_guy

Z71_guy New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

that is a great tire, i compare it as a in between all terrain and mud tire, they are the replacement for the Workhorse tire witch lasted forever i dont run them yet but i will, have installed a few sets and have not seen a complaint yet, expected to get 50k plus on mileage
  5. vncj96

I kinda thought they looked like the workhorse, How about the goodyear silent armours that are replacing the AT/S, Those duratrak are 217 a pop at my local tire shop
  6. hunky

hunky New Member 100 Posts

My son just put them on his '08 sierra. Nice tire,not too loud on the highway,very good off road.
  7. kkreak45

kkreak45 New Member

I just put these on my 2001 silverado with a 3" lift. I went with 285/75 16. I am about 400 miles into them and love them. Very quiet for how aggressive they look. They handle great in the snow here in Ohio, haven't had anything over a foot yet, but I never used my four wheel drive yet. Excellent stopping traction.
  8. Stouffer

Stouffer New Member 100 Posts

Subscribed for further reading. I was looking at these as well.
  9. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I also looked at these tires, BUT the guy at NTB told me anything with a "side bite" would be extremely noisy which is why I stuck with the BFGoodrichs this last time. I just hate to spend a good chunk of money on something, that just happens to be a glorified noise maker. :neutral:
  10. Z71_guy

Z71_guy New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

The silent armors are replacing the AT/S, i just put a set of the silent armors on my truck and couldn't be happier