New Guy Alert!!!!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by 2009SilveradoLS4x4, Mar 27, 2010.

1. 2009SilveradoLS4x4

2009SilveradoLS4x4 New Member

I bought my black '09 Silverado LS 4x4 back in october its a regular cab, long bed with a 4.8l v8 and 3.42 in the rear heavy duty locking differential, tow package and traction control with stabilitrak, all pretty standard stuff for 09. I'd like to increase throttle response and torque as well as horsepower without doing an engine swap or anything crazy expensive. my first instinct is the stock intake isnt cutting it so I was thinking of starting there as well as custom exhaust in the near future. I've been researching some performance chips and I was wondering if any fellow daily chevy drivers with a bit of a heavy foot like me could make any suggestions on which way to go here or where to start anyway. I appreciate any suggestions and I'm proud to have a bowtie on my tailgate!!!!!

2. Coolrado

Coolrado Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

welcome aboard.

3. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club!!

4. j-schmizzle

j-schmizzle Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

hey there new guy. welcome aboard.

5. z3ro

z3ro Rockstar 100 Posts

yo noob, welcome. We need pix before we give help :)

6. ejohnson03

ejohnson03 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Howdy....

Research is a valuable part of any vehicle modifications.

Wether you have a lot of cash or on a budget, you want to be sure to get the best bang for the buck.

You have the right idea with the top three upgrades being Intake, Exhaust, and Chip tune.

As long as you dot your eyes and cross your tease, you should be pretty happy with the perfomance increase.

Good luck and keep us posted.

7. dannys99

dannys99 Rockstar

Welcom to the site. If you have money, slap a vortec supercharger on that baby. That will add ridiculous power.

8. shadowt_t

shadowt_t Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

welcome to the site

9. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club!I would start with the exhaust.

10. BadBurban98

BadBurban98 Rockstar

welcome to the site check out bully dog for performance chips and tuners