Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

New guy from Arlington, TX

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Skarch, Jul 31, 2007.

1. Skarch

Skarch Rockstar 100 Posts

Hello all.

I'm new here, and relatively new to Chevy. My first car was a 1977 SWB Pickup with a 350 in it. The reason I'm here is that I just inherited my Grandfathers 1997 4x4 1500 5.7L Suburban. I don't know what I have got myself into, but its ALOT cheaper than the Passat it will replace.

First things first are to get the gas mileage as high as possible (not that much hope there) and then make sure everything is good to go on it. Its got 103K on the clock, and has basically been undriven for the better part of 2 years since Grandad had his stroke.

Anyway, all of that to say howdy and hope to see you around.

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site. Lots of DFW guys here on the site.

Sounds like you've got a good vehicle on your hands, sorry to hear about your grandfather though.

First thing, get a log book and record mileage and fillups, so you have a starting place to track mileage. Then it's probably time to get a tune-up, check air filters, fuel filters, make sure the tires are good, that sort of thing.

3. GaryL

GaryL Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Welcome and watch out for that guy (^), he lives right around the corner from you. Sounds like you have almost the same truck as me.

4. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome! Ya sorry to hear about your granpa. Hope the truck treats you good.

5. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site! Way to keep the Chevy in the family:great:

6. Davandy

Davandy Moderator 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site :great:

7. Skarch

Thanks guys. Yea, I will definately keep an eye out for him.:eek:

Thanks for the feelings on my Grandpa too. Its actually been two years since he had the stroke, and a year since he passed away. The Suburban may have saved his life, as it proved to be stronger than the garage he hit when he had the stroke....:great:

New bumper and grille and its as good as new, except for the "old people" bumps that he put all over it.

8. Cableguy

Well I think he'd be proud of you puttin' it back together and fixin' her up nice WTG :great:

He probably thought the V-dubs whimpy anyway...Ha Ha J/K Sorry someone had to rib you about the V-Dubs, It might as well be me.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2007
  9. Cableguy

I profess to owning one. A few years back I bought my Teenage step son one. I do admit to taking it for a spin or 2 ....
    [​IMG]

10. Skarch

GLI's rock.

Yea, he only rode in it once, and wouldn't get in it again after that. He has laways had American boatmobiles, so being that low and fast made him a bit nervous. :shocked:

I'll post up a pic of the Green Machine when I find a good one.