1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New guy from australia

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by rattrap, Jul 11, 2010.

1. rattrap

rattrap New Member

HI GUYS , i have visited your forum a number of times now and have read some great threads.i visited the u.s late last year and purchased 2002 silverado reg cab short bed.It arrives in australia this week and because of our road traffic rules it has to be converted to right hand drive. Once that is done it will be motor and trans out and replaced by a 427 small block [600 hp ] with a turbo 350 and gearvendor over drive.
    would be interested if anyone has already done that

THANKS
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome Down under.... Great to have you hear... On the Avalanche boards their are a few members from down there.. I know one got a Avalanche from a dealer around the corner from where I live. He too had to convert everything to right hand drive and posted pic of the whole thing.. He said it costs about $12 G's USD to get it done.... Please tell us all about it when you doit.....
  3. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club!
  4. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome aboard.
  5. rattrap

rattrap New Member

will keep you posted,by the way 27k australian dollars to convert now.thats before i can drive it here and any mods
  6. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the site! Glad to have you here!
  7. j-schmizzle

j-schmizzle Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

welcome to the site from san fran, ca
  8. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club.
  9. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the GMTruckiClub!
  10. Danow

Danow Member

Welcome from Texas.... It is a great club. That is quite a job converting it to righthand. I guess they must sell the dash board that you need. Have fun with you new ride.