Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

new guy from bay area, ca

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by udontknowjack, Feb 23, 2010.

1. udontknowjack

udontknowjack Rockstar

i have a 07 chevy silverado 5.3L 2wd extended cab.....brought new and been a work truck since day one.... camper shell with ladders.....

had tranny rebuild under warranty around 30k....always feel like the tranny is the weak point of this truck.... now with the od getting closer to 60k....have to itch to do a few mod here and there to help improve fuel/power....

any advise or recommendation for a newbie on truck.....

2. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the site!:glasses: Glad to have you here! I think you are in the right place to scratch that itch!:lol: There are a bunch of members here with some great advice on mods to help you!

3. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site!

4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

There are a couple of Mods you could do to help improve Fuel Mileage & H.P.......the most common Mods would be a CAI,Header's and Cat Back Exhaust.Beyond these mods and Depending on your Budget you could look at doing a tune,either Hand-held or Custom.Regular maintenance,Changing your Air Filter,Having the Throttle body & Injector's Cleaned and keeping your tires Correctly Inflated ,will all so help.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
  5. mmorgan1865

mmorgan1865 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

:sign0016: The mods depend on whether you want to change the looks or the performance. For 2 WD you probably don't want to do the lifts but 99'Heartbeat was right on with the performance mods.

6. pmartin816

pmartin816 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site. I have found this to be a great place to find ideas for your truck.

7. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!!

8. udontknowjack

udontknowjack Rockstar

i have seen many suggested headers.....r they california friendly?

i have my eye on S & B intake kit....good/bad?

not sure which exhaust system yet.....

9. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Yes,most headers are Calif. Friendly,if you do go with header's go with Long tube as they will give you better Gains than short tube headers.On Exhaust[Mufflers]There are many to choose from,some of the ones to look at would be Flowmaster,Magnaflow to name a few.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  10. udontknowjack

udontknowjack Rockstar

coo....

super newbie question.....recommended maintenance service....in the past on my other cars i do 30k, 60k etc....same with my truck?