New Guy from Idaho

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Squirt, Feb 13, 2010.

1. Squirt

Squirt New Member

Hello All,
    I have a '93 2wd suburban (original owner/ 47k miles) that's lowered on 20's & 22's. I am in the process of trying to modify the 42 gal gas tank to make room for a hidden hitch between it and the new roll pan. I cut 3 inches out of the length of the tank and the 2 halves fit back together flawlessly. In taking it to a local rod shop I'm told there too many issues with flexing, the coating on the inside of the tank, etc, to make welding feasible. So I am looking for a smaller/shorter replacement tank or?? I have also been told that some late '90's 4wd burbs and tahoes had tanks in front of the rear axle which would be great but I have been unable to confirm this with either junk yards or the local GM dealers. I'm ready to just go buy a stock replacement tank and say screw the hitch. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site! Have you considered the 30 gal. tank from the "old" Blazer? It may still be too large, but it might be worth a try.

3. Coolrado

Coolrado Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

welcome to the site.

4. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!!

5. Pats1pab1

Pats1pab1 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Hey Idaho, welcome to the forum, i'm sure someone will help solve your problem. Good luck

6. Crakums_GT

Crakums_GT Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Welcome to the site. If you're willing to spend the money you can get a custom tank made.

-Greg

7. s5belford

s5belford Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club!

8. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the site!:glasses:

9. shadowt_t

shadowt_t Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

welcome to the site

10. Squirt

Squirt New Member

Thank Yous

Thank you guys for the greetings. Retired 2001 I will look into the older blazer tank, thanks. Crakums GT I've had quotes for around a grand on a custom built tank so I'm looking for other options, thanks.