1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New guy from Jersey new owner of an 11 Crew cab Sierra 4wd

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by slow07, Oct 31, 2011.

1. slow07

slow07 New Member

Just introducing myself, got lots of questions since my wife just came home with a new Sierra. Unreal deal we couldn't pass up. Plus I'm psyched that the wife actually bought a pickup. CARS SUCK. Anyway, already tinted it, got a nav and DVD player going in Thur and ordered a leveling kit. $124 shipped for a 2in Skyjacker leveling kit from 4wheelparts. Did I screw up? Can't find a thread on here of anyone using the Skyjacker leveling kit even with the search. Just want a bit more aggressive 31.5 or 32" tire on stock rims. Any other cheap mods I should do? Cutting the muffler off tomm. and adding a Borla muffler.
  2. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the Club and congrats on the new ride!!! Post up some pics when you get your mods done!!!! :)
  3. hotrodking86

hotrodking86 Rockstar 100 Posts

Everyone has their special company that they use for leveling kits. I found out that it is what you want, to me they are all about the same, I might have just stuck my foot in my mouth with that answer.
  4. slow07

slow07 New Member

Will do even though your a Ford hater! LOL

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

I just wanted an aluminum or steel quality piece and not some Ebay no name junk. The wife doesn't beat her truck or go off-road bur I don't want the front end falling off either.
  5. hotrodking86

hotrodking86 Rockstar 100 Posts

Well no offense, but this is a "GM" forum, I think the better half of us hate Fords.
  6. slow07

slow07 New Member

I'm not brand loyal to anything, I've owned mustangs, Trailblazer SS, Impala SS, Ford diesel's 7.3 ONLY, Jeeps, and a Roadrunner. Just bought a 01 Denali so as of now there's 2 GMS'c in the driveway. If I like it, I like it.. I don't care what emblem is on the front.

---------- Post added at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

By the way, that 6.2 is amazing with just a tune, cold air kit, and EGR delete with exhaust. low 13's in the 1/4 and can still tow a car trailer and gets 22 mpg. Just finished a friends exhaust today. Holy torque Batman!
  7. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have the 6.2 Gas. Its not a diesel. I haven't done any mods on it yet but it gets 12.2 mpg no matter where I drive it. Hwy or City. :-(
  8. slow07

slow07 New Member

I thought the Max was for DuraMax. I want a new Sierra Denali Diesel dually in the worst way but no way. I told the guy I want a car payment not a mortgage. I could of gotten four of my wifes trucks for the price of the dually I looked at. Nice to dream though. Until then I'll keep trying to kill my 7.3
  9. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club!
  10. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

welcome to the club......hope you didn't get snowed in last weekend !!!