1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New guy from Missouri

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Sivlerado92, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Sivlerado92

Sivlerado92 New Member

I'm new here. I've had 2 Chevy trucks. A 87 Chevy 1/2 4wd long bed and a 01 Chevy silverado 4wd. I just bought my 01 because I hit two deer at once with the 87. It's a very clean truck with 185,000 miles but does have a tick so I'm gettin the motor overhauled.

Pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Upgrades
    5.3L, 325ci with K&N Cold Air Intake System
    Throttle Body Spacer
    Edelbrock Stainless Steel Shorty Headers
    Flow Master Dual Exhaust
    Steel Cowl Induction Hood (Original Factory Hood Also Included)
    Chrome Brush Guard with KC Lights
    Chrome Rear End Cover from Summit Racing
    Full Bed Liner & Tailgate Protector
    Tonneau Snap On Bed Cover
    Double Gauge Pillar with 02 Sensor Gauge & Transmission Temperature Gauge

- - - Updated - - -

I am puttin Flowtech headers on it and true dual 8" glasspack. Super chips tuner.

Im wantin to put a lift kit on but I don't know anything about ifs front ends. I got 35" m/t wheel and tires to put on it. What's a good lift kit
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Wow. Great looking truck. Lots of custom work there looks like?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
  3. Sivlerado92

Sivlerado92 New Member

Theres alot for aftermarket stuff on it. I'm takin the bed cover, LEDs under the front bumper and doors off and some of the moldin
  4. ChevyFan

What's the tic that you hear? Valves/lifters?
  5. Sivlerado92

Sivlerado92 New Member

The guy I bought it from said it was the valves but I'm just goin to have the hole valve train, new rings and crank bearings replaced since the shop is taking the motor out.
  6. ChevyFan

Are you losing any oil? White smoke on startup after being cold.
  7. Sivlerado92

Sivlerado92 New Member

I'm losing a little oil and there is some white smoke when you start it up. The tick ain't very loud so I think it just started
  8. ChevyFan

... Oh. I totally missed the part about two deer at once. What's that about? Did you at least salvage the meat and greet some deer jerky.
  9. Sivlerado92

Sivlerado92 New Member

I popped over a hill and there was two deer standing there and I couldn't save the meat the deer were all messed up
  10. Sivlerado92

Sivlerado92 New Member

I bought me a $900 98 s10 lastnight to drive till they get my motor done. After I get my motor redone I'm goin to build a show truck out of the s10