1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New guy from San Antonio, Texas

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by SoTxArms, Dec 9, 2013.

Random Gallery Photos

1. SoTxArms

SoTxArms New Member

Good evening everyone. New guy to the forum. Live and work in San Antonio Metro area, and run a small firearms manufacturing business in Southwest Bexar County.

Just purchased our first GM truck, a 1997 Chevy Z/71; roughly 180K miles. Little bit of a project truck. Excited about it. Paid cash for the truck, first vehicle I've ever actually had my own name on the Title.

Appreciate the info I've already found via the forum here. I'm not a stranger to forums, or the structure; Certainly looking forward to learning more here, and sharing my experiences.

First list of items to do to this new gem is to get the fuel system reassembled and flushed and tested, and get the transmission and transfer case checked/inspected. Once I'm 100% positive of them being in shape to run, getting it registered, and start getting it ready for show (work and guiding).

Second item is a new exhaust, and removal of the body lift that was installed on it (inspecting the suspension, etc. as well). Any other featured items you recommend, that I may have left out as we get started, feel free to share with me. Looking forward to getting this up and running. Thanks.
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

I love going to San Antonio ... Go there probably twice per year actually.

Let us know how we can help.
  3. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member 100 Posts

you go to san antonio steve and dont let me know? thats cool!

welcome to the forum!!!

im born and raised in SA, but currently in school in corpus christi, i make it up there as much as i can, seeing my lincoln welder is now hooked up, in combination with my pipe bender, its my home away from home(school)

best of luck to you!
  4. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 100 Posts

Welcome aboard ! Pics are required lol 8)
  5. SoTxArms

SoTxArms New Member

Thanks for the welcome Gents.

Here's a few to start with.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. Camaro69car

Camaro69car New Member 100 Posts

Welcome from VA!
  7. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

welcome to GMTC!
  8. GeorgiaZ71

GeorgiaZ71 New Member

Welcome to the club! Continue posting pics as you work on your truck... it's fun to see!