1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

new guy from south carolina

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Kuntryboy, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Kuntryboy

Kuntryboy Member

hey im new here and am looking for a new truck. im interested in an 03-04 silverado 1500 access cab z71 with the 5.3L. was wondering if there are any problems to watch out for in these engines or this model.

also i have found a few im interested in but am wondering if the 115-135k mile range is still a safe buy if all maintenance has been done and the original owners did everything on time and all around took care of the truck

how many miles can be expected of these trucks before problems arise?

sorry for so many questions, i really like chevy and just need some facts before buying.

thanks
  2. TexasEdition

TexasEdition Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

3. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome aboard!
  4. Kuntryboy

Kuntryboy Member

thanks

okay cool. i mean i know some manufacturers ppl will say 135k are you crazy thats too much and its about to fall apart, such as jeep, or thats nothing like a toyota.

ill check out that site you posted. i have found some nice'ns for around 10k. im right now trying to sell my old 4runner. the new truck will be taking me down to mississippi in the fall for school so i need something to get me there and back reliably. thanks again
  5. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

:sign0016:To the Site.......All I would said is.....went looking for a Truck....Ask to see the Maintenance Records.....that will give you some idea on how the Truck has been care for......I've got 150,000 miles on my Truck and it Still Run Great!!
  6. Goldie

Goldie Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club!
  7. Kuntryboy

Kuntryboy Member

thanks and thats the first thing ill do when i go to look at a truck i like

thanks
  8. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Welcome aboard! I've driven trucks (and other vehicles) with well over 100,000 miles. Some seemed brand new and others seemed like they had been driven way too hard. At the same time, I've driven vehicles with 60,000 miles that drove and idled like the odometer should have read 500,000. Like everyone else has mentioned, proper maintenance and care is key. It's a fact of life, if you take care of something that is quality to begin with, it will last you a lifetime. Anyway, I would find a friend who knows a good amount about auto mechanics to look over any used vehicles you're contemplating. Otherwise, new is always a safe bet.

I love my 2009 Silverado Z71. I bought it new and have babied it like crazy. I feel strongly that it will last me a life time as I will certainly continue to take great care of it.
  9. Kuntryboy

Kuntryboy Member

i see what your saying. if i could afford a new one i would get one but with school next year i cant afford more then 10k maybe 11k if its just an amazing deal and perfect truck. thanks for the welcome.
  10. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club!