1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

New Guy From Springfield Missouri

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by hellykobbs, Dec 1, 2009.

1. hellykobbs

hellykobbs New Member

Hey people. What's up, im kelly. Just bought my Silverado last saturday (11/28). Its an 06, Crew Cab, LT, 2wd with the 5.3. Not exactly my dream truck but its a workhorse. I'm a tire salesman for Tire Centers, LLC in Springfield Mo. I sell commercial truck tires so no i CAN'T get you cheap tires for your car or truck. Lol. I say that because on every other forum im on, thats one of the first questions i get. However...i have ALOT of experience in the passenger and light truck field so i can answer any questions or make some suggestions as to what you might need. Anywho, since my truck is a 2wd, i'm thinking about lowering it a few inches...Shackles deffinately seem to be the way to go for the rear....fast, easy and cheap...any suggestions for the front...? Thinking about 1 1/2- 2" in the rear and an inch in the front. Any suggestions are appreciated. THANKS GUYS!!!!

2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site!

3. BLK-Z71

BLK-Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Welcome to the club!

4. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the site!:glasses:

5. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the forum!!

6. 2009silverado

2009silverado Rockstar

Hey, I'm a noob too. Welcome to the site. I am trying to raise mine so good luck on the lowering kit, seems drop spindles will be the best but may cause a bit so do your homework. Take care

7. s5belford

s5belford Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club!

8. GMPartsClub

GMPartsClub Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts GMTC Sponsor

9. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site!