New guy from. Texas

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Jeff Dodson, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Jeff Dodson

Jeff Dodson Member

Hey guys, introducing my self. I am usually a SQUAREBODY GUY. I have a GMC 1987 LW. That I am building! but I came across this truck and couldn't resistering the deal. Has 249k but runs like a champ, strong as new....in fact I took out the original plugs, and the numbers on the plugs (AC) didn't even come up in the. Orielys computer.... Had like a 1/4 gap, AND STILL RAN GOOD. I got this truck from the original owner , wife knows her... Truck was only ran with MOBILE 1 SYN oil through its whole life.... Tranny was built in 2008. The interior is in almost pristeen condition, with the exception of the knobs are rotting off the radio and the front speakers are blown. Other than that. Had to replace the fuel pump sender because the gas gauge didnt work. Had to replace the 4x4 switch, was never used... Had to replace the original muffler... Planning on SEVERAL MORE 100k miles on his truck

2. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Welcome to the site, Jeff!

Be sure to make a garage for each truck and post some pics.

3. 95C1500

95C1500 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

welcome from texas!

4. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!!

5. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club

6. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Sounds like one helluva ride partner!! There's quite a few of us Texas boys on here, welcome to the family!

Looking forward to seeing your truck and watching it progress!!

7. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome
    When you get a chance-PICTURES?
    Say where in TX is Angleton??
    I'm in a suburb of New Orleans-but I drive across TX- I-20- I-635E ring road-Hy 287 -I-40 on way to Flagstaff AZ- maybe 20 times over the years-You have nice roads-great rest stops.
    Nice state-DESPITE be filled with TEXANS! Just kidding-Texans seem to be better than average polite drivers-nice folks.Great rest stops last I was thru-2008(we sleep at rest stops-HY 287-Hardeman county-12 times over the years). Hotter than hell of course( DFW worse than new orleans)
    Fair number of Texans here.
    Give us some pictures when you get a chance.