1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New guy from Texas

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Slim-Rob, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Slim-Rob

Slim-Rob New Member

Had the truck about a month and a half, it's my 3rd Chevy truck, 4th Chevy.

2010 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab Texas Edition. 5.3v8, 6speed auto,auto locking rear diff, interior and exterior convenience packages. "Taupe Grey Metallic" crappy 20" chrome wheels (i hate them. Already had one break, dealership said something got caught between caliper and wheel, they replaced it this time but I'm not looking forward to the next few hundred thousand miles...)

Anyways, the name's Rob, hope to gain some knowledge here :great:
  2. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome aboard.. Sounds like a nice rig.. we all look forward to seeing some pics of it.
  3. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts

Welome to the GMTruckClub, neighbor!
  4. Slim-Rob

Slim-Rob New Member

Only thing extra I wanted that I didn't get was 4x4, but I can do without that for this truck (well....besides when I had 284 miles on it and got stuck in the mud...other than that I've had no probs with RWD)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Next to my old car, 06 Impala. Can't wait to get a levelling kit installed, i hate how low the front is :/
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm not really sure if I like the "Texas Edition" badging...
  5. corylcauley

corylcauley New Member

this mite sound stupid but i love that texas badge its great hahah
  6. trapperdon

trapperdon New Member

what is that one? extra wide rear bumper step to help quickly load a ton of illegals ??
    :gasp::na::lol::rofl:

wellcome !! great picks !!!
  7. Slim-Rob

Slim-Rob New Member

hahaha! Apparantly the Texas edition is the 5.3, 6sp trans, some chrome, locking diff, 20" wheels (cheap, crappy wheels. I hate them and can't believe how cheap they are. I've never seen foam on the backside of factory wheels.)

edit: btw those pics are before the tint, I guess I don't have any with the windows tinted? I'll look
  8. corylcauley

corylcauley New Member

level her and some diff rims for sure and u got urself a head turner! HA but for real i like it man nice buy:sign0021:
  9. mmorgan1865

mmorgan1865 New Member 1000 Posts

:sign0016: Glad to have you aboard.
  10. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Active Member 1000 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the site!:glasses: Glad to have you here!