New guy! ...from the wrong side of the puddle! :)

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Kelmannen, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Kelmannen

Kelmannen Member

Hello everyone, i just bought myself a GMC savana -2003 5,3L explorer conversion with ~7400 miles on the gauges.

I'll start with an excuse for my spelling that's going to be bad at times, english aint my native language and especially not technical english... '-_- I'm thrilled to start asking my questions so you'll be wolcome in the savana thread.... =P This is my first US car so i guess will get lost a lot, especially in numbers because we use metric over here and you don't :p

Anyway, glad to join you and will try to get some pictures up here as soon as the pictures get approved :)

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site from Texas!

Bonus points to you for proper usage of the word "aint" though. Even more bonus points if you can post some pics! We want to see your GMC pushing through some snow! :great:

- - - Updated - - -

We need more active posters in the Chevy Express / GMC Savana forum as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Is this where you live? Very pretty.

[​IMG]

3. Kelmannen

Kelmannen Member

Definately there i lives :) (about 50m away from me actually :great:)

And as promised:

WP_20131030_006.jpg
    First stop after we bought it, had been driving for 300miles and been a little rainy so she's dirty.

WP_20131030_005.jpg
    A picture of the inside

WP_20131110_003.jpg
    Winter has com so got her a set of new shoes :)

4. poncho62

poncho62 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Welcome from Canada....we use metric too, so we can understand each other that way...lol

Does your van have doors on both sides?..Have never seen that before

5. Kelmannen

Kelmannen Member

Yes it has, havent seen it on other van except conversion models, exremely practical thought, on One side we use the door as a storage door and have the large babysitter base mounted on the seat closest to the door so all I need to do is open the for and lift it out and my other kids can freely pass trought on the other side :)

6. Goldie

Goldie Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the Club! You'll find a lot of useful information here from a great group of folks. By the way your english is way better than my Swedish. So don't worry about it, just jump in and start having fun.

7. 95_5spd

95_5spd Active Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Welcome. I don't think i've ever seen one of these customized! Gonna be cool to see what you do. What are the plans for it? Definitely a good start with the wheels.

And i just gotta ask even though i'll probably have to use some converter things... what are the gas prices there? Gonna be quite a gas hog you got there but will get through anything!

8. Kelmannen

Kelmannen Member

Well, haven't drove that much just yet, when we got it wed a 1200km(~800miles) road trip home and I got an average of 13L/100km which wasn't tha badly. Because we were cruising at 110-120(65-70mph) if I count right a gallon of fuel would be about 8,55$ over here I have no idea what you pay over there tho :p

- - - Updated - - -

is the gmc's built in metric? Some bolt atleast in the body seems to be?

9. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!!

10. Kelmannen

Kelmannen Member

Thank you :)