New guy has arrived,

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by JTWard, May 29, 2013.

1. JTWard

JTWard Member 1 Year Gold Member 100 Posts

Hi Folks, I'm new to this forum. I have a restored 1990 Chevrolet 1500 Silverado. I bought it off the auction site, sight unseen but the pic's. but the guy I was talking to was really honest and up front. Said it was his father-in-law and that his in law father was at a hunting lodge they have in New York state. and he was on his way home, I took two buses and one train and I finally got to the small bus station, I had to wait 3 hours for him to get home and come pick me up. Well this guy was really a nice gentlemen and we went and transferred the title and registration then went to pick up my truck, he said it had a battery and a new starter. and I have to admit it was just what the said it was. it hadn't been started in a few weeks, but it fired right up, I bid them Farwell and off I went. !20 miles to get home, I stopped and put in $75.00 worth of premium gas, I was hoping to help the engine to run, and it ran really nice and quiet. Well this what it looked like when I bought it, and it was last August and we have been in restoring it ever since. I love old Chevy truck. Everything under the truck is new. 4 new springs & 4 new Monroe shocks. The engine has had new head gaskets and a whole new tune-up everything was changed, I wanted to wait till this summer, but the front clutch packs locked up on me and we sent her off to have the transmission rebuilt. A wise move as it made all the difference in the world. It has a 305 ci 5.0 liter V8 and since then I've installed a K&N cold air induction system, a new "Match Set" of TBI fuel injectors and a set of summit racing shorty headers, a new 'Y' pipe, and a Gibson 3" exhaust system. My weight capacity is 5600 class 2 and I can tow 10.600 pounds. And she will do it. When I bought it already had a weight disturbing class-3 hitch and the seven prong electrical plug and we checked it and all is working perfect. And. . the body has been off and two guys at my friends body shop worked on the cab and two on the bed which was taken off the chassis, and we saved the gold along the bottom and we did all the prep work and had Maaco to shot the onyx black. So what you see is what we have done. at present time she's getting new valve seals and a major tune-up & dyno to see how close to the advertised horse power is still somewhere close to specs. It has been a really good experience for me, I love old Chevy trucks and this one has really come around and she runs as good as she looks. Thank you ! :happy:

Attached Files:

2. Goldie

Goldie Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the Club! You can be proud of your truck, it looks good!

3. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club, it's great to have you aboard. :glasses:

4. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!! Great looking ride..nice job so far!

5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome! Man that's clean-looking! :great:

6. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Welcome to the club! Nice to hear the truck is working out for you. Looking great.

7. SliverZ71

SliverZ71 Rockstar 100 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!! Your Truck is Looking Good

8. 09mgray

09mgray Member 1 Year

Welcome To The Gang! Glad to Have You Aboard, Time for a lift?