Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New guy here from Iowa

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by TruckFan, May 23, 2011.

1. TruckFan

TruckFan New Member

Hi guys, im new here and had a question. Im 14 (Hopefully im not to young for this site). I am planning on getting a truck @ 16. I found a 1979 Chevy c20 with a 350 and only 71K miles. Is that a good first vehicle? Thanks!!:happy:
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club. If its in good shape I would say its a good first truck.
  3. Crispyt

Crispyt Rockstar 100 Posts

Anyone can join good to have you here. Sounds like a good truck. Just make sure the frame and body are pretty solid, engine runs good, transmission shifts right. Its a good first truck but keep in mind that insurance and gas are a lot of money and at 16 it can be a little tough to afford things like that. So see if your parents can help you out with the insurance part for the first year. If you will be tight on money you might want to look into something that gets better fuel millage. But I wouldn't mind having a truck like that.

Welcome to the club!
  4. Goldie

Goldie Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the Club! The truck sounds like a good starter to learn on, best of luck.
  5. TruckFan

TruckFan New Member

Thanks for the replies guys. Still deciding what to get of course, I have a while. Anyone know what the gas mileage would be?
  6. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome aboard, and around 10-14 with a 4bbl carb, and mabey a little more with a 2bbl...
  7. jbjohnson92f

jbjohnson92f Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

welcome to the club truckfan!
  8. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club TF. Any vehicle that you can afford at 14 y o is a good truck :)
  9. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club!
  10. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club!