Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New guy here.

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by ramrunnr, Sep 13, 2007.

1. ramrunnr

ramrunnr New Member

Well, I was looking for info about my van and found this site, and this looks like a nice place. I have had several Chevys such as 1971 C-10 pickup, 1971 GMC 2500 Custom, 1980 Citation, 1984 Caprice Classic, 1990 Chevy 1500, 1978 Chevy 1500. I currently own a 1985 G20 SportVan and a 1991 S-10 4x4 as noted in my signature.

Well I hope that I can get the help I need and I also hope that I can help others while I am here.

Interesting note about the 1971 GMC 2500 Custom. My uncle bought it new, and when he arrived to pick up his new truck there was a hauler at the dealership full of brand new 1971 GMC pickups with Chevrolet tailgates.
    :rofl: Gotta love it when Quality Control takes a nap.
  2. MD4x4 Fireman

MD4x4 Fireman Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

:sign0016:to the party
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Interesting story on the tailgate mixup! In 1971 the QC guy was probably off smoking some wacky tobaccy.
  4. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Hey, I had a Chevrolet tailgate on my 1971 GMC 2500 Camper Special, but it was only because mine was pretty tweaked when I got the truck and a friend happen to have the body of a late 60's-early 70's Blazer sitting in his field with a perfect tailgate on it as well as tail lights and trim so I used what I could. Burnt Orange with a yellow tailgate must have looked pretty special:lol:
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2007
  5. ramrunnr

ramrunnr New Member

Thanks for the welcomes.

I have seen other mixups like the tail gates. When I worked at a Ford Dealer we got in some Crown Vics with Mercury Grand Marquis wheels. Even had one that had a Mercury steering wheel (Logo on airbag was Mercury circle with swoosh thingy) and it also had Mercury logo keys and keyless entry remotes.