1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Guy in Minnesota

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Harvy1, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Harvy1

Harvy1 New Member

Hi All:

OK, so I have been a "Mercedes Man" for quite some time now. But after the 24 inches of snow we got here in MN two weeks ago (on top of the 12 inches already on the ground), I decided to get a nice truck. I started my research and after test driving the Silverado my mind was made up... I can say, with much pride, that I am now a "Chevy Man". I absolutely love this 1500 4X4 LT (with a few nice options) and I can't help myself from driving around town looking for snowbanks to plow through ;)

Any advice for this new Chevy truck owner would be much appreciated, like should I put sandbags in the truck bed? Thanks!

Happy Holidays,
    Harvy1
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

:sign0016:To the Site and the G.M./Chevy Family......:glasses:
  3. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome and glad to have you! Yeah sand bags never hurt but if you have 4 wheel drive you don't need them!
  4. stephan

stephan Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Ha Ha Ha... "looking for snow banks to plow through" Welcome to the GM truck club Harvy. You're our kind of guy!!
    The only advice I can think of is watch out for those 3 foot steel parking poles filled with concrete, that are hideing in the snow banks :)
  5. sgtsjj

sgtsjj Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Welcome from another minnesotian
  6. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome and congrats on your new ride!!!
  7. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club!
  8. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome aboard! from yet another Minnesotan!!!
  9. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C ! Congrat's on the new truck!
  10. Low73

Low73 New Member

welcome fellow Minnesotan and enjoy the new Chevy