New guy in SW Florida

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Computilizer, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Computilizer

Computilizer New Member

Okay, I lucked upon this great 1991 Chevy K3500 4x4 on craigslist last November for only $1,000. My brother said he'd give me that for the 454 big block. Anyway, I let it sit at his house until last week. On Tuesday, I put in a new battery, then replaced the fuel filter, pump and sender. It started up immediately and I was in heaven. Took it for a short ride, and nerd that I am, I ran out of gas. Put more gas in, but it would not start up again. Had to have AAA tow me home. I've done a bit of research over the past day or so (that's how I found this site) so today, before taking the fuel pump back (while I can) I'll try to see if some of the frequent fuel issues are mine as well. I look forward to sharing my progress with this wonderful find.

ChevyK3500.jpg

2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C ! You might get more help in one of our "Tecnical" forums. Good luck!

3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

We are the Borg. Lift your vehicle and surrender your keys. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile. Erm, I mean ... welcome to GM Truck Club and good luck on your project truck! :great:

4. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club, it's good to have you aboard. :glasses:

5. Computilizer

Computilizer New Member

Thanks retired2001 and SurrealOne for the club welcome.

Turns out that the ground on the new fuel sender was too short for where I had it attached. It simply snapped while I was out. I actually ended up tying it in to the prior ground which had snapped from the other direction. I was curious when putting the new sender and pump in that there was no ground. So I am smiling ridiculously that my truck is running after less than eight hours of my own labor. I certainly have much to do before I can brag about it, but tonight I am feeling great about this truck.

6. Computilizer

Computilizer New Member

Thanks for the welcome donyms. I must have just missed your post. Looking forward to learning a lot here.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  7. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club, enjoy the site. Good luck

8. Bighornkid

Bighornkid Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Welcome. Looks like you got a good deal on your truck.

9. Goldie

Goldie Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the Club! You in the correct place to pick all the information you want, jump in and start posting!

10. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Need... more... pictures... Must... see... truck!