New guy living in Dayton, OH

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by sgt_in_usaf, Dec 29, 2007.

1. sgt_in_usaf

sgt_in_usaf Rockstar

Wright-Patterson Air Force Base to be exact. I've been in a little over 10 years doing a wide variety of career fields...logistics, security police and information management.

I have a black 2001 K1500 V8 5.3L Suburban LT with Goodyear Fortera with Silent Armor tires.

I don't know too much about trucks yet, but will be looking to make some upgrades soon. Right now all I have is a K&N air filter. I'm looking to put in a CAI, an instrument cluster replacement and do some retuning. I found a Trip Dog Downloader on stylintrucks.com (http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.a...anned_results_trigger=&selected_prod_ids=5821)
    What do you guys think??? Is there another good tuner that's cheaper that you know of?

Thanks for the help!

2. finalday7

finalday7 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

:sign0016: and 330 bucks for a programmer isn't to bad. What are you mainly going for, performance or economy? Aslo you may not see a huge difference in performance going from a K&N Drop in filter to new Intake system. You will see a very small improvement in HP and Gas probly 1-2 HP and maybe .5 mpg.

3. Pontiac Custom-S

Pontiac Custom-S New Member

Welcome!:party:

4. RockHead

RockHead Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Welcome to the Site :great:
    That not tooo bad for a hand held programmer .

5. sgt_in_usaf

sgt_in_usaf Rockstar

I'm kinda going for both performance and economy...but the emphasis would be fuel economy.

Should I hold off on upgrading the intake system until I can afford to also put in a new exhaust from the headers on back...or would that not really do too much for fuel either?