1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New guy on the forum

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Shorty, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Shorty

Shorty New Member

I have been around chevies most of my life so I am not new to them, but new to the 6.2. I chewed up my last 7.3 and decided not to go back Furd again... They are too dang expensive for what you actually get. So I started looking for me a new tow rig, well okay, new to me... I just yesterday picted up a 1983 Chevy Suburban Diesel for $550 cash.

She has some rust issues that a friend at a body shop will fix, it had one locked up front caliper (replaced that on the lot), one collapsed front brake hose (replaced that two miles from lot), and some REALLY crappy tires (replacing those Monday), and a rear window that wont roll up.

I am going to be pulling my 4X4 sami on a specially built trailer. the Sami & trailer shouldn't be over 3000 lbs... so I figured my 1/2 ton with trailer brakes should be more than capable of handling this. I will be making the rear section into a weekend sleeper for me & da wifie with A/C, TV, Frig & a grill.
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site! :great: Looks like you've got a fun project burban.
  3. finalday7

finalday7 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome and I'd love to see it when it's all said and done.
  4. BlueLT1500

BlueLT1500 Rockstar

:sign0016: to the site...im pretty new here too. look forward to seeing everything come together on your burb. i have done a decent amount of interior work on cars and if you need any pointers just hit me up.
  5. MD4x4 Fireman

MD4x4 Fireman Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

:sign0016: to the site. Lets see some pictures of the burb and the sami/trailer
  6. RockHead

RockHead Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

welcome to the forum :glasses:
  7. Davandy

Davandy Moderator 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site :sign0016:
  8. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!:great:
  9. Shorty

Shorty New Member

Thanks guys!! It has been sitting for awhile so I am doing all new brakes MC, calipers, pads, hoses, WC, shoes & hardware. Then I will be looking into the cosmetics of it.

I will post some as soon as I get finished giving her the first bath she has had in YEARS...

Now for pics of the sami...http://www.zukikrawlers.com/showthread.php?t=11846

Sami trailer is still in my head and am waiting for warmer weather. I have the basics figured out, but I wanted to wait to get my new tow rig to see how wide/high I could get away with and not gain any wind resistance...
  10. JayMack75

JayMack75 Former Member

Welcome to the site!