1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

New guy with a 2003 5.3L

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by HawaiiKid, Feb 1, 2010.

1. HawaiiKid

HawaiiKid Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Hey guys,
    New guy here from Hawaii, but I go to school in Syracuse, NY. Just put a deposit down on a 2003 Silverado on Saturday...its a 4x4, extended cab, has the Z-71 package with a 5.3L V8 and around 125k miles. Real excited to pick this truck up, even though I have always been a Ford guy (still would take a Mustang over a Camaro!!). Its almost totally stock, other than a Thrush exhaust with a outlet right behind the back of the cab (directed down). Its got brand new all season tires, brake disks and pads and its pretty much immaculate.

Mods planned are pretty simple...probably be looking for a tonneau cover soon, and a lot of audio mods planned. Have 2 Rockford-Fosgate 10 inch subs and a 800W (peak) amp now, and looking at getting a alpine deck and new Alpine Type-S speakers front and back. Depending on how much money I have left I'll also look at getting a Y-pipe hooked up to the Thrush and have it turned into a dual side-exit exhaust, and maybe get a bed liner of some sort (suggestions more than welcome!) Also looking at maybe getting a good set of smoked tail lights and for sure getting some new headlights (bulbs only, cant afford new reflectors).

I'll get some pics up as soon as I pick her up, might be a few days though (gotta have a cashiers check sent from Hawaii to NY, not gonna get here till later in the week).

Any suggestions about what to go with from here are welcome! BTW its a silver/Pewter colored truck.

2. s5belford

s5belford Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

welcome to the club and congrats on the new truck!

3. x3no

x3no Rockstar

Congrats man and welcome! Bring on the mods man! They all depend on what your interested in. Look around the forumn at other trucks and steal ideas! lol

4. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome and congrats!!