1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

New guy with a 99 sub 1500 has a ? hesitation problem.

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Pat10, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Pat10

Pat10 New Member

No this didn't start right after the gasket was replaced, that was late fall and this problem came about a month or so ago.
    but I will try what you said while I'm at it good tip.

2. janikphoto

janikphoto Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

The tank additives will only help a bit. I would notice a little improvement on my truck when I did tank additives. The big difference came when I changed my fuel filter and used a can of carb cleaner and a toothbrush down the throttle body. Not the best way to clean it, but it was quick.

3. Pat10

Pat10 New Member

I changed the fuel filter and spark plugs. Now its got some get up! Guess it was just time for a tune....

4. janikphoto

Don't stop there. Depending on mileage and previous maintenance, you could probably use a new dist cap & rotor, rear diff fluid change, trans fluid & filter change... and, as mentioned by several people above, a good cleaning of the TB and injectors. My 180k mile burb went from feeling like a 4 cylinder to a supercharged v-12 after all the maintenance!

5. royiii01

royiii01 New Member

Try cleaning your MAF sensor, I had the same problem with my 99 suburban and once cleaned it went away.

6. Quikfire

Quikfire Member

I second the cap and rotor. I had issues when I first bought my 99 burb and when I pulled the cap it was a mess in there. Made a huge difference!
    Good luck and happy whomping down the road.

7. janikphoto

Really, any/every tune-up piece should be done on a 12 year old car with over 100k miles. My cap and rotor looked horrible, my plugs looked terrible, the plug wires weren't great, my fuel filter needed replacing, my injectors needed some cleaning, etc... The truck runs much better, but it needed several weekends in the driveway with me turning a few wrenches.