New Head Unit in 03 Silverado

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by KyleZ71, Dec 17, 2011.

1. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

pmf:
    I have that connector mounted in the blank spot to the left of the key hole that's used to disable the passenger side air bag. If you get that connector consider the following: when you bore your hole for it model it off the plastic desk mount that comes with it. That desk mount has 4 'slots' in it and the connector body, itself, has a ridge designed to seat in one of the four slots. The purpose is to keep it from rotating in the hole. Thus, when you bore a hole in your mounting surface add a slot somewhere for anti-rotation purposes. :) It's probably tough to imagine while reading this ... but with parts in front of you it'll make perfect sense.

2. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I know exactly what you're talking about with the slots. The rocker switches I had in the overhead console of my silverado had the same thing it avoid rotation. I will probably have my plug tucked away since I don't have the panel you put yours in (1/2ton = automatic air bag detector and a cubby instead) and my iPod will be staying in my truck full time like it did in the silverado so it needs to be hidden but that plug should mount nicely in or somewhere behind my glovebox.