new head unit with bose

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by TALL HD, Sep 13, 2010.

1. TALL HD

TALL HD Rockstar

i got the bose sound system in my truck and im wanting to add a jensen 7" touch screen head unit. i dont have the money for an adapter (about 100$ right?) so can i just hard wire it or just not use the adapter? i already know without the adapter ill have no xm or onstar. thanks

2. FergusonT

FergusonT Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

What adapter?? Dash kit?

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

oh wire harness

3. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

NOO! I would not take the chance. With the new models as soon as the wires are cut on the back of the stock stereo it will kick on the anti-theft and your truck will not start and your stereo you've now hooked up won't work. Its happened to me twice.

4. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I have my head unit direct wired in my '03 Avalanche... The only thing extra that needs to be done is you have to run an ignition wire from the fuse box to the head unit... You'll lose your door chimes and the delayed shut off though...

5. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy ↑↑↑ Has no life Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

It's completely worth it to get the wiring kit. There's no cutting, and the wire colors on the kit will match all the colors that are on the radio's wiring harness. So easy anyone can do it.

6. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Very true Crawdaddy, but mine shorted out after 8 hours so I used the plugs off of it to direct wire my head unit...