1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Headers

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by BigMike2011, May 24, 2011.

1. BigMike2011

BigMike2011 New Member

I've decided the next upgrade I'm goin to put on my truck are headers. I've done some research but can't decide which one would be the best fit for my truck so I thought I would ask the pros and see what y'all think
    Thanks guys!
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

What Model....Year and Engine do you have???
  3. Metaluzc

Metaluzc New Member

For price, PaceSetter long tube headers. Cost under $300 and come with a 3 yr warranty.
  4. BigMike2011

BigMike2011 New Member

Sorry I thought it was in my signature but I didn't save it.
    I have a 2011 silverado extended cab. 5.3L Z71
  5. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

As mentioned above....Pacesetter along with....Gibson....Edelbrock....are some of the ones to look at.
  6. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts

I have JBA shorties. There good but I wish I had gone with long tubes like Dynatech, StainlessWorks and AmericanRacingheaders.
  7. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 New Member 1000 Posts

Hey man here is a Link to the Pacesetter Quiktrip Long Tube Headers: http://www.autoanything.com/exhausts-mufflers/61A2836A0A0A3010397.aspx These are well priced and if you woulda mentioned it earlier they had a sale where you would have gotton $32 off $199 or more but now they have a sale 15% off $150 or more so also a good deal and everything is shipped free and fast!
  8. stephan

stephan New Member 1000 Posts

X2 on all of the above. Go with a set of long tube headers (more bang for the buck) & don't go larger than 1 5/8" diameter primary tubes
  9. ejohnson03

ejohnson03 New Member 1000 Posts

10. kburb

kburb New Member

Headers are a brand loyalty item, and its always been long tube verses shorty verses Tri-y. Long tubes will give you more high end hp but having a 4x4 i would think that low end torque would be what you are looking for and if so look at a Tri-y design.

Oh also dont forget coated or not, stainless or carbon!! Lots of reasearch and budget will affect your decision. i have a set of ceramic coated Doug Thorley Tri Y's but i paid for them also. Good luck and remember you will get what you pay for.