1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Headunit or Amplifier

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by emtJoaquin, Sep 1, 2009.

1. emtJoaquin

emtJoaquin New Member

Hello, I am trying to decide between a new head unit or 4 channel amp to run 6 alpine speakers( mids/highs) . What do you all think , which one ? Thanks!
  2. tattooed4life

tattooed4life Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I have put together several systems in numerous vehicles and I always started with the headunit and built the system around that. IMO
  3. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

+1 on the head unit first
  4. StillMatic

StillMatic Rockstar 100 Posts

If the head unit sucks, it doesn't really matter what the amp is pushin out because the entire system will sound like trash.
  5. kgibson181

kgibson181 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

headunit for sure
  6. emtJoaquin

emtJoaquin New Member

Went with the Head unit . A JVC Aresenal KD. It has everything I want and a ipod direct connnect in the front. Thanks! I ordered it from Crutchfield. Should be in Wednesday. They are the way to go I paid 214.98 with all the gear and Onstar harness. All decks 129.00 and up come with free kit , adapter and guides plus they give you 50 % off the onstar harness. Not a bad deal.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_105KDA605/JVC-Arsenal-KD-A605.html?tp=5684&tab=review