1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New here and looking to upgrade my 3.5L!

Discussion in 'Chevy Colorado Forum (GMC Canyon)' started by cliff-1972, Jul 5, 2007.

1. cliff-1972

cliff-1972 New Member

Hi,fellows.Been reading through the other post and found some good info. I have a 2006 Colorado 2wd crew cab Z71 w/3.5L auto trans. I am looking for some more power out of this great little engine. Before I found this site all I could find was intakes and exhaust systems and very little computer/chip up grades. I would like to get what the new 2007 3.7L make 242hp or more at the crank. I see PCMforless makes some great improvements over stock. But what would be a good combination for getting lets say 200-220 rwhp?

A little history on me.I have owned a 1996 Ford F250 4X4 PSD reg cab for the last 11 years.I done every mod possible to it,injectors,huge turbo,bullet proof bottom end and you name it.I bought my Colorado as a daily transportation and family truck.Well,I have to get rid of my F250 and have done parted out all the racing parts and brought it back to stock or close to there.Now it is time to get the Colorado up to par.I have seen that Turbonetics has a kit for the H3 that makes 350hp out of the 3.5L.I have e-mailed them to see if it might work on our trucks with maybe some slight mods,but they have not returned the e-mail as of yet.The kit has everything needed and includes a intercooler.It would be awesome if it would work:great: But the cost is over 6K.

Well that's enough for now hope to hear y'all's suggestions.:happy:
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2007
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site. Nice to see someone want to beef up the Colorado. What's your budget? Obviously a tuning is the easiest (and cheapest) way to get more out of your system right away. What your timeline like too?
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2007
  3. Flatman

Flatman Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Welcome to the forum...I'll do some looking around and get back to you. I know someone put a supercharger on their colorado... BRB.
  4. cliff-1972

cliff-1972 New Member

Thanks,for the welcome guys:happy: Like the rims Flatman:great: I talked to Kelly at PCMforless and found out they are like 2 hours from me.COOLI am thinking I will probably need to do a exhaust and intake first to get the most out of a program.So that will be the first step.Steve,there is no set deadline really and budget depends on what the cost of items needed for my goal mentioned above.I paid $17,500 for the Colorado and want to keep the cost at about 20K fro total investment.So,$2500 maybe alittle more.
  5. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Hey Cliff. Welcome aboard. Love the Impala, 64 is my fav car. BTW nice videos.
  6. kelly

kelly New Member

That's cool - come on up one day for a tune. Even without an intake/exhaust we can still free up some HP/TQ for you. :party: