Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

new here, seeking help with dash problem!

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by RThompson, Apr 6, 2014.

1. RThompson

RThompson New Member

Hello, my name is Ryan. I am new here I have a 2008 GMC Sierra that i am having some unknown issues with today. I bought the truck about 6 months ago and it has been a great rig. however this morning i got up to get to work and the speedometer wasnt working, the shift indicator wasnt working, the volt gauge read high, the oil pressure read high, the temp guage never moved, and the air bag light was on. truck drove fine besides all of that. a co-worker of mine said i have to replace the guage cluster but i do not know if that is true, anyone else have this happen or know what to do to fix it? Thank you much!!

2. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Hey there RThompson,

I understand that you are looking for technical advice from your fellow forum members. As a customer service representative, I'm not able to provide much in the way of do-it-yourself information, so I'm glad to see forum members are beginning to step in with feedback. If you have any lingering concerns please contact me via private message.

Jennifer T.
    GM Customer Care

3. RThompson

RThompson New Member

went out and drove it again, everything was fine. this is probly going to be a intermittent problem. still if any one knows what it may be i sure would appreciate the help!

4. bmadison124

bmadison124 New Member

I repaired my 2003 dash cluster by adding new stepper motors. No problem. When I got the dash apart to solder in the new motors the very small switch the resets the trip meter feel apart on the table. That explains why it quit working. Does anyone know the part number of that very small electronic switch? I can solder it in, I just need to understand where I can get one.

5. Chevycoastie

Chevycoastie Member

My father had the same problem on his 03' silverado. There happen to be a recall for that issue. I would look to see if your truck has a recall for that issue or if it an issue that the dealers know about and will fix for free.

6. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

This Issue/Problem with The Stepper Motor's on the 2003" to 2006" Trucks-n-SUV" Dash Cluster's, sorry to say, it wasn't a recall, it was a Special Coverage Adjustment, the link below goes into detail regarding this Special Cover Adjustment,

Link,
    http://www.gmspeedometerrecall.com/gm-speedometer-settlement

7. Chevycoastie

Chevycoastie Member

thank you for the correction. I was only going off what we were told from the dealer.

8. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Sounds like it could be a ground problem.

I have no idea where they are, but things like the dash will have ground strap(s), sounds like one is lose/dirty.

9. lolorider

lolorider New Member

Check out this guy. I found this elsewhere in the forums.
    Dr.Speedometer.com

10. travisn

travisn Rockstar