New here. Stupid questions...

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by ILoveIrene, Dec 5, 2010.

  1. ILoveIrene

    ILoveIrene New Member

    Hey guys. I just signed up. I used to be a toyota fanatic but screw that. Im sticking with my chevy. It's a 2004 Chevy Avalanche. 2WD. As soon as I got it, I just cut the muffler right off. Idk why, im sixteen, some excuse huh? No but Im saving money savin for pipe to come out. How much would it cost to have duals come out? do I need to get a y pipe welded onto it? im sorry if this is a stupid question. And I wanted to lift it. Can I can buy adjustable shocks? Like the Pro Comp MX-6's? 2.5 inch up front and I can put and add a leaf in the back to level it out.
  2. silveradotrailblazer

    silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

    Welcome to the club.No shocks will not lift a truck. Your will need a lift kit.
  3. Enkeiavalanche

    Enkeiavalanche Loving the Outdoors Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

    Welcome first off where are you? Is it a Cladded Avalanche or WBH?
  4. Bigbomber

    Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

    Welcome to the club!You can buy levelling shocks for the front of your truck and increase the height by 2" like i did.The shocks i have are Bilstein 5100 leveling shocks
  5. Vincennes02261897

    Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

    Welcome aboard! Like Bigbomber said, you can buy leveling shocks (Bilstein 5100) or a leveling kit ($60-$250) to raise the front end of your truck up to 2.5 inches. What this actually does is level the front with the back. Stock trucks straight from the factory usually have more lift in the back than in the front (to accommodate heavier loads in the bed among other reasons). With JUST the leveling shocks or a leveling kit on the front, you should be able to fit up to 33" tires which is probably one size up from what you currently have.

    If you want to do something to the back, you can add blocks to the back (see or other lift manufacturers). Otherwise, you'll need to buy a lift kit. It isn't as simple as just buying new shocks.

    As for your exhaust. Hmm..... Haha. I'm not really sure how or where you cut them off, but honestly, you should just take your truck to a muffler shop or any other auto shop that installs exhausts. You should be able to get a decent exhaust system installed for around $290 or less (parts and labour) depending on what you go with. You can get them to run dual exhaust straight out the back, to the sides, etc. Check out some of the sub-forums on this site for more information about specific exhausts. You should be able to find tons of information.
  6. randomsandwhich

    randomsandwhich Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

    x2 on vincennes ... you could also buy a front end leveling kit and keep your current shocks .. possinly a little cheap then the 5100 ???
  7. Bigbomber

    Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

    I went with the Bilsteins because of the lifetime warranty which is something you don't get with a spacer kit,I spent $40,000 on my truck so i wasn't about to put on a cheap $80.00 levelling kit. I still have a rake to my truck because i added a 2" Ready lift block kit to replace the 1" stock blocks.If you go with the Bilsteins and no block kit in the rear your truck will be level.The 2 front adjustable shocks cost me $228.00 Canadian shipped to my door.
  8. retired2001

    retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

    Welcome to the G M T C ! You came to the right place for good info'. Good luck!
  9. ILoveIrene

    ILoveIrene New Member

    Thanks for the welcome guys. I got the exhaust part down. Talked to a buddy, hooked me up with a number to a local exhaust shop. Im gonna do a straight pipe from the cat-back. the leveling kits on 4wheelparts, are they a rip off? I have a shop nearby so i dont have to worry about shipping and what not.
  10. mfleetwood

    mfleetwood Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

    Welcome to the Club!!!

Share This Page

Newest Gallery Photos