New HID kits installed

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by sevi084x4, Feb 10, 2012.

Newest Photos

1. sevi084x4

sevi084x4 New Member 100 Posts

I got my new 6k kits installed yesterday. One for the low beams and one for the fogs. Got a picture during the day time, they look awesome at night though. Also got my new white bowtie overlays in also. What you thinks?

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  2. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

The truck looks good. I think you need some projectors in the front with hid's would make the front end come together.
  3. sevi084x4

Thanks. Hmm i usually like the projectors, and i was looking at them the other day but its like im not sure what would look good with this color truck. I mostly like the black ones and i dont want the black headlights with the all white tbh...so im not sure what i think entirely on that issue yet.
  4. Rockstarrchevy81

Yeah i think black would look good and they also make chrome ones too but me personally think they look cheap. I know you can get the housings painted but will prob cost a bit.

5. sevi084x4

Yah man the chrome looks terrible....it would be best to have white imo but they ont make them and would need to be painted, and like you said would be costly

6. Rockstarrchevy81

I know you said you like the look of the halo projectors but since you got a nice clean truck it would look damn good to use the stock headlights and get them painted to match i've seen it before looks really good. Only hard thing is getting the headlight apart without messing it up and back together haha

7. sevi084x4

Yah they are pretty much one piece arent they....going to be a huge pain. But it would look cleaner with the stockies, you are right.

8. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Where did you get the HID kits from? When I google HID kits there are so many places to get them and I am sure half of them are scams?
  9. sevi084x4

Well i went to this truck shop in indiana just over the border and they put them in for me but they are UNO 6k hid kits if that helps you any.
  10. ChevyHD

ChevyHD New Member 100 Posts

I know a couple buddies that painted their housings. I'm sure it can't be too terribly hard. You just have to bake them, paint, them apply some adhesive and seal her back up. Surely there's a nice DIY write-up somewhere.