New HID's in Smoked Fogs

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by Coolwheels05, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Coolwheels05

Coolwheels05 Rockstar 100 Posts

My Hid's came in and I installed them today in my fogs. I just added my smoked fogs last week (another post). It looks a lot better now that they match my headlights. Couple pics. They pics really don't do either justice, but anyway.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ZSI52

ZSI52 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Now you should replace the turn signal bulbs with a different color.

3. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Very nice bro!!! :great:

4. hildy19

hildy19 Rockstar 100 Posts

Your truck keeps getting better and better
    :lol:

5. just do all other people on the road a favor and turn off your fogs when its not foggy. the 03-06 silverados fog lights are 2nd in annoyance only to the 09+ dodge rams. they all seem to be aimed up and people just have to have em on when its not foggy. not trying to rant but i HATE fog lights

6. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

See and be seen I always say, 100w 9005 Hi-Beams in my fogs.

7. damion

damion New Member

What bulb # did you use for the fogs?? thanks

8. Coolwheels05

Coolwheels05 Rockstar 100 Posts

Foglight Hid's came from ddmtuning.com I got the 35w 8000k kit. The bulbs are the stock replacements for 05 silverado. Sorry, don't remember the # off the top of my head.

9. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

i love the smoked look. just one question though... does it take any brightness away from the fog light. for example would you be able to discern a difference in light output with your 6000K HID in a clear housing vs. a smoke housing?

10. HawaiiKid

HawaiiKid Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I like the idea a lot, thought about doing this when I had HIDs in my fogs, but they both kept on getting soaked because I didn't tuck them up high enough and I just switched back to super whites because it was either to deal with. Great looking truck, makes me really want a hood!