New Hood

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by KyleZ71, Dec 4, 2011.

1. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Thanks thats what I originally planned on doing but had so many friends say leave it black. I have red 5.3L and silver Vortec emblems that will go on the rise and i think will make it look sick

2. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Paint it, your friends are wrong, unless you like the ricer look. Nice hood by the way, I like it.

3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Quoted for truth.

4. KyleZ71

hahaha no, most definitively not going for the ricer look. i pick them out of my grill

5. Scooter

Scooter Rockstar 100 Posts

Love the hood, would def paint to match though...What brand is it and how much did it hurt the checkbook????

6. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Painted blue and it will look great!!

7. KyleZ71

8. BillM

BillM Rockstar 100 Posts

Blue. Looks Good!!

9. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I also say paint to match, but the center raised section should be painted silver, IMO. It would look so bad ass not only will any ricer in front of you explode from too much awesome, but random chicks will run out in front of your truck and flash you, and not because your headlights are bright or anything, but because they just want you to see some boobage. But, if you don't want to see boobage, you should just leave it black.

10. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I agree 100% with SurrealOne, that is exactly what I was going to suggest and then I saw that he had already. And your friends are wrong or jealous and they don't want your truck looking any better than it does now. :lol:Two tone can look great if done right and people like SurrealOne and I have very good taste. :rofl: Good luck and yes that was a great choice on the hood.