Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

New Intake Manifold Install

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by kburb, Jun 26, 2010.

1. kburb

kburb Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Getting ready to install a new Holley projection intake on my 5.7L suburban this weekend.

Need to know if their is anything special i need to know about?

Has anybody used this intake before and did you like it or remove it.

thanks in advance

2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I havent heard of it to be honest.. I guess just make sure you get the gaskets in right.. But for sure let us know if you end up with a change in power.. and are you running a TBI still or a carb???

3. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Nope, its all pretty simple, just drain fluid out of your rad, so you don't dump it all on yourself and over your engine. Just take your time, when you get your old intake manifold off, immediately put something in the intake holes, you can use a crumpled up piece of paper towel, or CLEAN rags. Then just clean up any grime and the old gasket. Then follow the instructions to install the gaskets the right way. And then just go in reverse from when you took the intake manifold off.

4. kburb

kburb Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

staying with the TBI. i have done a couple of mods to it thou.

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

thanks guys, i will let you know how it turns out.