New KC lights

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by drakeoz71, Mar 14, 2010.

Newest Photos

1. drakeoz71

drakeoz71 New Member

Just finished hookin up my new kc lights.

Attached Files:

2. chschevy58

chschevy58 New Member 100 Posts

those things look great man. good choice
  3. pmartin816

pmartin816 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I bet you got no problem lighting up the night now huh. They look good on your truck.
  4. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I'd love to see those on at night, look really good!!
  5. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Looking good, looking good! :great:

Are you running 2 or 3 lights per switch in the cab, only reason I ask is because KC is notorious for using underating there wiring and switches. I have the same lights you have except mine are chrome, and I originally had 3 on one switch and 2 on the other. Well the switch with 3 lights actually caught on fire inside my cab, and melted the whole underneath of my dash. When I talked to a rep at a truck show, he all but admitted that that is a common occurence for there lights and several other people there admitted to having the same thing happen.

Just a little heads up for ya, the two lights you have mounted on there sides on the bottom of the brush guard will eventually leak. KC lights tells you on there site not to mount the lights anyway but upright, the outer trim ring will work loose and let water into the housing causing them to fog up. I would take a bead of clear silicone around the trim rings on the side mounted one's, anyways great looking truck!:sign0023:
  6. canislupis69

canislupis69 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Looks great:great:
  7. KidHauler

KidHauler New Member 100 Posts

It's looking mean. I think blacking out the mirror caps should be next.

Good job,
  8. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

For that "I'll run you off the road" or I'm a red neck hunter" look. :lol:

I'm just kidding, I bet nobody will have the balls to flash their highs at you.
  9. drakeoz71

drakeoz71 New Member

I got 2 lights per switch. And thanks for the advice on the side lights i want them to last forever.
  10. drakeoz71

drakeoz71 New Member

That was actually the next thing on my list :lol: