New kid from Seattle (or close, anyway)

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by clayj, May 3, 2010.

1. clayj

clayj New Member

Greetings!

I'm the very proud owner of a 2010 Sierra Hybrid in Sammamish, WA - looking for advice/information on using the truck as a Search and Rescue response vehicle. Any ideas about (2-way) radio mounting, gravel road-running or any other aspect of the truck would be greatly appreciated.

Here's something I can share

Yesterday, I took the truck to Ellensburg and back (which included a trip up and over a 3200' mountain pass. On the way back there is a farily steep downhill grade. In my old vehicle (Subaru Baja), to maintain 65 MPH down that grade (and not accelerate); I needed to shift down at least one gear, idle the engine and occasionally use the brakes.

With the Sierra - when we hit the top, I shifted down to 3rd (it's an auto; but I put it in manual) and backed off the throttle and almost immediately started slowing down BELOW 65. So, I shifted back into 'Auto' (4th); but discovered that I STILL had to keep a little bit of throttle pressure; otherwise, the combination of compression and regenerative braking was more than enough to slow me down - for someone who does NOT like downhills (I guess a bad experience I had in my youth with brake fade had a lasting impression) ; this was a GREAT discovery.

Clay Jackson
  2. Coolrado

Coolrado New Member

welcome aboard.
  3. murdog94

murdog94 New Member

Welcome aboard, congrats on the new rig...
  4. retired2001

retired2001 New Member

Welcome to the GMTruckClub! Congrat's on the new truck!
  5. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 New Member

Hi, and welcome to the site!:glasses:
  6. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 New Member

Welcome to the site!!