1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Kid with a Truck

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Zachman123, May 9, 2011.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Zachman123

Zachman123 New Member

Well, I'm Zach...pretty obvious by the username, huh? I'm 16, and I'm a Junior in High School. I'm a 2nd Degree Black Belt in Tae-Kwon-Do, and I make decent grades. My parents are still together, and they take relatively good care of me.

Now, for the thing you guys really care about. I drive a '96 Chevy Silverado, V6, 70,000+ miles on the odometer. About 5 years ago, we redid the whole engine, so it only has about 30,000 or so miles on that. It's a 5-Speed Transmission, and has minor problems like Air Conditioning and stuff like that. Not essentials, but luxuries that are appreciated.

As for my occupation, well, I'm a student. I go to school 8 to 3 every day and learn stuff I don't need in the real world.

Location should probably remain a secret, but I can tell you I'm in Northwest Arkansas.
  2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome!! Great bio...thanks for sharing!! You've got some low miles for having a 1996....nice. I had a 1997 2wd with 240k on it when I sold it and I had a 1997 4wd with approx 175k when I sold it...they both were in great shape and ran awesome.
  3. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome aboard Zach. Let's see some pics of the truck.
  4. stephan

stephan New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the club Zach
  5. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome aboard, Zach! That was an exceptional introduction. I dated a girl once who was also a 2nd Degree Black Belt in Tae-Kwon-Do. It was incredibly random to find out because she was just the typical, girly, sorority, college chick. lol. Anyway, congrats on your accomplishments in the art. I know it takes a lot of dedication.

As for your truck, it sounds like you've got a nice set up and it's great that you're running on such low miles with that engine rebuild! I would also love to see some pictures though. Anyway, good luck in your remaining year or so of school. I'm sure you've heard it before but trust me, you'll miss it so live it up!

See you around the forum!
  6. jbjohnson92f

jbjohnson92f New Member 100 Posts

welcome to the club Zach
  7. racekid91

racekid91 New Member 100 Posts

Welcome! Congrates on the black belt. I'm also a black belt in Tae-Kwon-Do. 1st degree however.
  8. Blacksheep1

Blacksheep1 New Member 100 Posts

Welcome to the club...... Check out the V6 and 5 spd groups!!!!
  9. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 New Member 100 Posts

Great place to start Zack. Not long after I got my truck junior year I joined. Great place and guys to help with keeping your truck running and making it better.
  10. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the club, Zack.