1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New LED Interior Lighting - 2006 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE!

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by asa.prevost, Apr 3, 2011.

1. asa.prevost

asa.prevost New Member

Got tired of my stock bulbs, so swapped them out for blues:

DAY:

Map Lights
    IMG_0469.jpg

Door Side Lights
    IMG_0468.jpg

Overhead Dome Light
    IMG_0470.JPG

NIGHT:

Map Lights
    IMG_0481.jpg

Door Side Lights
    IMG_0479.jpg
    [​IMG]
  2. asa.prevost

asa.prevost New Member

Overhead Dome Light
    IMG_0480.JPG

Overall it's pretty damn bright! I can still read everything at night with them on and they're just as useful as the factory bulbs. Just got bored! Hope you guys like it :D
  3. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Yeah where did you get the bulbs from? Since that is something i want to do to my truck as well.
  4. asa.prevost

asa.prevost New Member

I am currently at Fort Wainwright, Alaska. There was a Auto Customs shop where they had them in stock. I know Oreillys/Schucks, NAPA, and a couple of other automotive stores carry them, but if you don't want to drive around town all day looking for them and you live in the lower 48, I suggest going to www.superbrightleds.com. They have a wide selection of bulbs with cross reference guides and you can select your vehicle and see every bulb that is changeable! Good luck, man!
  5. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Thanks. and a #194 most common bulb (saw it in your sig) which isnt a surprise. Now just to find to time to do it to mine! Sweet looking truck!
  6. asa.prevost

asa.prevost New Member

Thanks man. It's a work in progress, but I'm the type of person who tries to do as much as I can in as short amount of time as possible when it comes to trucks haha!

I'm in a bind right now working on my cluster. Pretty stupid they decided to start soldering the bulbs onto the cluster.... I ordered some 5mm blue bulbs to go in but it's a waiting game. Plus, I'll have to see how bad my solder skills have dropped over the past year or two haha!
  7. jbjohnson92f

jbjohnson92f Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

looks good, might put it on my "to do" list as well