New LED Rear Tailights

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by Dr Len, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Dr Len

Dr Len Rockstar 100 Posts

Just installed new rear LED taillights. Now the ligts blink at a very fast rate. I know its because the LEDs draw very little amps compared to the bulbs.The question is there any thing I can do to slow down the blink rate? Thanks

2. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy ↑↑↑ Has no life Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

You need a flasher designed for LED lights. They're about $15 from any auto parts store.

3. Dr Len

Craw Do you know the location of where the flasher is ? Also I have herd tht led tail light mite screw up the cruise control because of not enough voltage drop for the computer to see. Can you elabrate ?

Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
  4. Dr Len

No flasher in the new 2009s All run by the body computer. Have to use led equalizers to fool the computer to think its a bulb. Oh well :erf:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
  5. BLUBURBAN

BLUBURBAN Rockstar

Actually the flasher is integrated into your multi-function switch(turn signal switch) which also houses the dimmer ,hazard & wiper controls

6. Hmm That might be what happened to my Cruise Control, it shortly went out after i installed some new tailights. The flasher box fixes it?

7. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Most auto parts stores sell the load equilizers right next to the LED bulbs...

8. ok thanks, ill give it a try and see if it works.