1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

new lift ~ Rancho 4"

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by bluavalancheZ71, Apr 9, 2012.

1. bluavalancheZ71

bluavalancheZ71 New Member

Well after a year and 3 sets of ball joints from the rough country lift I decided to pull the trigger on the rancho 4" lift on my truck, not only does it look better, but it rides better, drives better and feels more solid. Yea install was very involved and took a whole day at work to do, but we and worth it. Oh and my tires don't rub any more either. I will put up before and after pics when I get home.

2. TnT817

TnT817 Member

Did you have your torsion bars cranked up? I've had my RCX lift for 3 years and haven't had any problems with anything wearing out.

3. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Anxious to see what the 4" lift looks like. In NH there is height restriction on passenger vehicles but I was hoping to get away with at least 4". If I ever went with a lift it was recommended that I get Rancho so good to hear that the ride quality is nice.

4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

What's the maximum limit of the restriction? With a 6" lift rolling on 34.3" tires I can actually get my vehicle under a 7' entry way ... barely. It creeps me out every time I do it, too!

5. bluavalancheZ71

bluavalancheZ71 New Member

Here are the pics I said I was gonna put up, first ones are the take off rough country parts, then the truck with the new lift
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As u can see the ball joint literally fell apart. And here's the truck with the lift on it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And I did get the upgraded skid plates too

[​IMG]

And here is a picture of the truck with the old lift on it

[​IMG]

6. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

looks nice man. glad to see everything worked out for ya.

Alex

7. TBCCHEVY

TBCCHEVY Member

Hey I'm looking at getting the same lift, do you mind letting me know what the total cost was?(before installation)

8. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

bluavalance - nice choice with Rancho...really like the skids too! :glasses:

TBC -- Amazon is currently selling a kit for your truck for about $1,500 (not sure what the cost of shipping is to CN though). You may be able to find cheaper though as the price was only $1,200 a few weeks ago. Also, Rancho is currently running a rebate of up to $500 (depending if you purchase shocks or not).

http://www.amazon.com/Rancho-RS6583..._1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1334858188&sr=1-1

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  9. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Glad to hear you got the lift and especially that you now have the ride you want. And thank you for the pictures. That's one more happy customer for the Rancho 4".

Out of curiosity, do you know how much lift you actually got from it? I've heard from a couple of threads the 4" Rancho often actually nets more than that.

10. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I got slightly over 5".