Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

New Look 2013 Silverado

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by Red Z71 Max, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

The front end reminds me of the Dodge Ram 1500 and the box lines look similar to the Colorado.

2. The fog lights are almost the same size as the headlights!

3. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

For me, it will take some getting used to. Like Red, I'd like to see it once it is in the hands of an enthusiast and it starts getting "modded" up. Something about it being stock just doesn't look right. Maybe it's because I'm used to seeing so many sweet rides on here that have been individualized.

4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I like it, different, the front lower valance and fog lights blend together well for me.
    Envisioning it with a billet grill insert, a billet grill in the lower valance area, color cordinate the valence area that isnt covered by billet, fat tall tires, a dropped level stance that tucks the tires under the edge of the fender, a flat bed cover with a slight flare built into the tail thats blended with the existing line and a two tone color combo I think it'd be a very sharp truck.
    This appears to be a mock-up so we'll see what the actual product looks like.
    Dang might have to see about trading my 4 month old truck for a new one already.

5. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I think the dodge-like appearance on the front is interesting... but the grille is too big in relation to everything else.

That being said, I'd say that's definitely a photoshop. The headlights are the exact same ones as the current, just compressed and tilted. I don't really see GM going to 5 lug wheels, and the front bumper is just the current one that has had the end caps extended upward, the center valance stretched outward, and the grilled extended downward where the metal bar would be. It is also very similar to this shot of a 2012 that I flipped to match the direction it is facing. I'm guessing the original probably came from the same photo shoot:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here are some spy photos of new GM trucks from Car & Driver's website... notice the crew cab has a new cab design (top of cab is different), different mirrors (for the non-towing ones), projector headlights from the looks of it, 6 lug wheels, etc. It also looks like the extended cab could have normal doors that don't need the front ones to be open. I also see what could be a new interior in the shot that is looking somewhat in the window.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  6. Red Z71 Max

Yes I agree with you on this being a photoshop. I also saw those spy photos but its hard to really tell whats going on under those body pads and the camo tape. I guess we won't know until early to mid 2013. Im anxiously waiting!!!!

7. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

That front bumper looks like a double chin..... it just doesn't fit.

8. Red Z71 Max

The more I look at it, that is a photoshop and it looks nothing like the spy photos. The headlight lines aren't even close. probably a rendering from an artist that works at Car and Driver.

9. GM Tech

GM Tech New Member

Ill keep my '09 I dont like the front end

10. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

definitely agree with you there. IMO: That photoshopped pic looks badass. I will say that yes, the grille looks MASSIVE vs the rest of the pickup. But I've been waiting for them to bring back an aggressive look, and that's exactly what it is. I was a little disappointed in the NBS pickups vs the OBS because they completely lost the aggression in the front end. Dodge was on the right track with their NBS appearance.. i will never ever own a dodge pickup because lets face it...they just dont hold up and 3 years after rolling off the assembly line things will be falling off of it. (I test drove a brand new one had 22miles on it.. when i hit about 75 on the hwy the mirror cover flew off and i ran over it.. case in point) back to this truck, if it turns out looking aggressive like the C&D mag.. I'll be in line to get mine. That thing would look sick taking the approach I'm taking with Truck Norris!