1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Look 2013 Silverado

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by Red Z71 Max, Mar 7, 2012.

1. barefoot greg

barefoot greg New Member 100 Posts

I just read an article on the '14 silverado's/sierra's on I forget what site, but they were saying how the new half tons will take on a softer more aero look and the hd's will become more boxish, be about 500 lbs liter and have more power And efficiency. At first glance the photoshopped pic looks like a shark.. Personally I like the uber square looks of the 07-10 duramax. The rendering would look good tho if you got rid of the bumper and the lower half of the grille for a winch bumper or a pre runner, made the lights larger diameter and horizontal again but put the daytime runnin lites/ lobeams in the grille and lifted it up with atleast 33s.. But of the two I like the spied pics better the truck just says truck automatically instead of a car you have to dump thousands into just to make an actual truck.. Ohh and also I heard 15/25/3500 badging are all bye bye and they're comin back out with the Cheyenne and bonanza!
  2. jnbama

jnbama Member 100 Posts

One of the reasons I like trucks is no matter what year they are always in style, new cars are outdated in a year or two
  3. Barnettamb

Barnettamb New Member

I'm not really a fan, although ive seen concept pics that look a lot worse. I definitly like the older squarer models better. I wish they would bring back step sides on some of the trucks they look good. the headlights look small. Chevy fans want a hard working, long lasting, good looking truck, not a aerodynamic gas conserver.
  4. Coach24

Coach24 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Does anyone other than me see a similarity of the hood lines to a certain Camaro hood line? The hood and front end appear to make an attempt at making this truck similar to a car with an aero package. Kinda like the Class 8 trucks have done in pinching the noses and rounding all corners to achieve maximum aero. Apparently not worrying about the macho looks that make a guy want to buy a truck instead of an SUV or car.
  5. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

If the lights were taller I think it would look pretty good I like the grille it is a little to much with those tiny light
  6. MochaZ71

MochaZ71 New Member

It looks like a Ram, Raptor and a Z71 mated and this is what came out.
  7. LB'07-Z

LB'07-Z New Member 100 Posts

Nailed it
  8. tigersdl65

tigersdl65 New Member 100 Posts

I say we go a little retro and bring back the 1994-98 style with some facelifts. In my opinion those are the best looking trucks chevy ever made, especially the stepside model, which is why I still have one!
  9. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

i agree, by brother had a 98 Z71 in silver, i thought it looked amazing.

either that or go back to the 87 and 88s for inspiration.

I always thought they looked pretty good.

Alex
  10. Coach24

Coach24 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Shoot lets bring back the 50's styling I liked that much more