New Look 2013 Silverado

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by Red Z71 Max, Mar 7, 2012.

1. barefoot greg

barefoot greg Rockstar 100 Posts

I just read an article on the '14 silverado's/sierra's on I forget what site, but they were saying how the new half tons will take on a softer more aero look and the hd's will become more boxish, be about 500 lbs liter and have more power And efficiency. At first glance the photoshopped pic looks like a shark.. Personally I like the uber square looks of the 07-10 duramax. The rendering would look good tho if you got rid of the bumper and the lower half of the grille for a winch bumper or a pre runner, made the lights larger diameter and horizontal again but put the daytime runnin lites/ lobeams in the grille and lifted it up with atleast 33s.. But of the two I like the spied pics better the truck just says truck automatically instead of a car you have to dump thousands into just to make an actual truck.. Ohh and also I heard 15/25/3500 badging are all bye bye and they're comin back out with the Cheyenne and bonanza!

2. JnBama

JnBama Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

One of the reasons I like trucks is no matter what year they are always in style, new cars are outdated in a year or two

3. Barnettamb

Barnettamb Member

I'm not really a fan, although ive seen concept pics that look a lot worse. I definitly like the older squarer models better. I wish they would bring back step sides on some of the trucks they look good. the headlights look small. Chevy fans want a hard working, long lasting, good looking truck, not a aerodynamic gas conserver.

4. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Does anyone other than me see a similarity of the hood lines to a certain Camaro hood line? The hood and front end appear to make an attempt at making this truck similar to a car with an aero package. Kinda like the Class 8 trucks have done in pinching the noses and rounding all corners to achieve maximum aero. Apparently not worrying about the macho looks that make a guy want to buy a truck instead of an SUV or car.

5. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

If the lights were taller I think it would look pretty good I like the grille it is a little to much with those tiny light

6. MochaZ71

MochaZ71 New Member

It looks like a Ram, Raptor and a Z71 mated and this is what came out.

7. LB'07-Z

LB'07-Z Rockstar 100 Posts

Nailed it

8. tigersdl65

tigersdl65 Rockstar 100 Posts

I say we go a little retro and bring back the 1994-98 style with some facelifts. In my opinion those are the best looking trucks chevy ever made, especially the stepside model, which is why I still have one!

9. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

i agree, by brother had a 98 Z71 in silver, i thought it looked amazing.

either that or go back to the 87 and 88s for inspiration.

I always thought they looked pretty good.

Alex

10. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Shoot lets bring back the 50's styling I liked that much more