1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New master cylinder???

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Jason2325, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Jason2325

Jason2325 Member

I got to replace the master cylinder in my 02 Silverado 8.1liter 2500hd. Can anyone link me to a new one ya'll recommend or any advice in general? I should have photos posted tomorrow to show yall where it is leaking. I have already tried using Lucas oil to swell the seals and stop the leaks.
  2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I bought two ac delco units new from the dealer, one was made missing a seal, and the second one was improperly manufactured. I ended up getting a cheap one from rock auto for $68.00 complete, been going good for a year now.....
  3. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

4. Opiewho

Opiewho Member

Are you sure it's the master cylinder leaking and not just the reservoir?

Mine turned out to be just the reservoir, found an ACDelco on Amazon for $35.00 shipped, way less than the $130 the dealer wanted! :)
  5. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

One more thing I should add, make sure you bench bleed the new unit before you put it on the truck.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Pikey

Pikey Active Member Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

x2 on that. I have also had the same experience with some AC delco parts from the dealer. Not made correctly or missing parts. AC delco has now started remaning parts like Power steering pumps. They, like everyone else, lack quality control during the rebuild process.
  7. Jason2325

Jason2325 Member

Turns out it was just a few hoses and claps. Easy fix.