New Member from Alaska

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by PDW, May 6, 2009.

1. PDW

PDW New Member

Hi there,
    I am a chevy/gmc guy. Have been my entire life. My first truck was an 89 1500 WT with a 3" lift. Loved the hell out of that thing and then it rolled down a cliff. Oops.

After that I got a 90 stepside silverado 1500, then a 96 Sierra 1500, then a 1990 long bed cheyenne. Then we started having kids and I started having to commute 100 miles a day so I had to switch to small cars (subarus.)

Well, we're fortunate enough that we decided my wife doesn't have to work any more, so we decided gas/mileage wasn't really an issue if she only drives it to run errands nearby. And now that we have 3 kids as they grow we're going to need seating for them AND their friends so we decided to start looking for something bigger. She was looking at vans, and me being a chevy guy I knew what I wanted from the get go. We decided it had to be something we could buy with cash and we'd get rid of her forester that we had financed (so we could get rid of another bill since she isn't going to work.)

Long story short she fell in love with the beast that I found, a 1994 Chevy Suburban 2500 with the 454. It has 126K mi and was owned as a fleet vehicle for a north slope oil company. This truck served it's time above the arctic circle and has the winterized wiring/heating systems to prove it.

I am so happy to have a big chevy again!!! And to be honest I love that it's the older model, kind of nastalgic for me, reminds me of highschool.

I still have to drive my little subaru as a commuter every day, but that's ok because I'd rather not put that mileage on my new baby.

I look forward to participating in the forums as we repair/mod our new toy.

2. plumber_rob

plumber_rob Rockstar 100 Posts

Welcome to the site.

3. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the GMTC, Pokey. Look forward to your posts and Alaska pictures!

4. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!

5. bob13

bob13 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!

6. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the GMTC, Pokey!

7. bry2500

bry2500 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!!!!